All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntended for those interested in the history of television, this book focuses on programming: the shows, their producers, the genres, the trends, and the influences. Beginning with an examination of radio's influence on early television, it covers almost all major developments - technological, aesthetic, and cultural - in the medium.
- Author BiographyBarbara Moore is Professor in the College of Communiacations, University of Tennessee. She co-authored the textbook Radio, TV, and Cable Programming (Iowa State University Press, 1994) Marvin R. Bensman is Professor at the University of Memphis, a member of the board of the Broadcast Education Association, and the author of The Beginning of Broadcast Regulation in the 20th Century (MacFarland, 2000). Jim van Dyke teaches at Marian College in Milwaukee, and has published television criticism in various journals.
- Author(s)Barbara Moore,Jim Van Dyke,Marvin R. Bensman
- Date of Publication30/03/2006
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight623 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £97.50Trending at £102.94
- £53.00Trending at £61.89
- £23.71Trending at £30.51
- £21.97Trending at £23.11
- £11.70Trending at £12.10
- £4.80Trending at £5.23
- £8.95Trending at £9.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.