All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrings together texts documenting the encounter between Western artists and writers and what has historically been called primitive art - the traditional, indigenous arts of Africa, Oceania, and North America. This book charts artistic aspirations, aesthetic theories, and cultural debates that have developed from this encounter.
- Author BiographyJack Flam is Distinguished Professor of Art History at Brooklyn College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He is the author of numerous books and articles on modern art and on African art. His recent works include Western Artists/African Art (1994), Matisse on Art (California, 1995), and Robert Smithson: The Collected Writings (California, 1996). Miriam Deutch is Associate Professor specializing in Art History at the Brooklyn College Library and author of Images from Columbia's Past 1865-1945 (1982).
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2003
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleDocuments of Twentieth-Century Art
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note41 b/w illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJack Flam,Miriam Deutch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £7.45Trending at £7.82
- £29.50Trending at £41.52
- £27.37Trending at £28.13
- £26.39Trending at £27.68
- £20.75Trending at £21.13
- £10.62Trending at £11.64
- £24.74Trending at £34.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.