All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a beautiful reminder of what we have to gain by protecting our seas.
- Author BiographyDR. ENRIC SALA is a National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence dedicated to restoring the health and productivity of the ocean. His more than 120 scientific publications are widely recognized and used for real-world conservation efforts such as the creation of marine reserves. Enric is currently working to help protect the last pristine marine ecosystems worldwide, and to develop new business models for marine conservation. He founded and leads Pristine Seas within National Geographic, a project that combines exploration, research, and media to inspire country leaders to protect the last wild places in the ocean. Working together with conservation organizations, National Geographic's Pristine Seas project was key in inspiring the creation of six of the largest marine reserves on the planet in Chile, Gabon, Costa Rica, Kiribati, the Pitcairn Islands, and U.S. Pacific waters. Enric has received many awards, including 2008 Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, 2013 Research Award of the Spanish Geographical Society, 2013 Lowell Thomas Award of the Explorers' Club, and 2013 Hero Award of the Environmental Media Awards. He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society. Enric's experience and scientific expertise contributes to his service on advisory boards of international organizations and governments.
- Author(s)Enric Sala
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationHanover, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note200 Colour Photographs
- Weight1429 g
- Width258 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byLeonardo DiCaprio
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.86
- £6.41Trending at £7.34
- £11.52Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.70Trending at £5.90
- £5.70Trending at £7.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.