All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooking beyond the protection of personal data in the new technological age, Serge Gutwirth advances the thesis that privacy is the safeguard of personal freedom - the safeguard of the individual's freedom to decide who she or he is, what she or he does, and who knows about it.
- Author BiographySerge Gutwirth is professor of law at the Free University of Brussels and the Erasmus University Rotterdam. The Rathenau Institute, the Dutch national technology assessment organization, is an independent organization and is one of the institutes of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Author(s)Serge Gutwirth
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/12/2001
- GenrePopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleCritical Media Studies: Institutions, Politics, and Culture
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight236 g
- Width148 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byRaf Casert
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.