Private Passions and Public Sins: Men and Women in Seventeenth-Century Lima by University of New Mexico Press (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £26.00+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £22.69Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 7 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPremarital sex, consensual relations, bigamy, polygamy, births out of wedlock, and clandestine affairs between clergy and laity were common components of everyday society in colonial Latin America. This title focuses on the frequency and significance of illegitimacy and extramarital relationships in Lima, Peru, during the seventeenth century.
- Author BiographyMaria Emma Mannarelli is associate professor of history at the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos in Lima, Peru. Sidney Evans is a translator with more than fifteen years experience in social, political, and economic fields. Both Mannarelli and Evans reside in Lima, Peru. Meredith D. Dodge is an independent historian and translator who devoted nearly two decades working on The Journals of Don Diego de Vargas series. She lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- Language(s)English & Spanish
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.73Trending at £26.56
- £16.77Trending at £20.46
- £20.23Trending at £20.62
- £8.74Trending at £11.76
- £16.12Trending at £17.92
- £10.16Trending at £14.52
- £9.48Trending at £10.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.