All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £10.20
- £13.86Trending at £15.69
- £41.00Trending at £49.78
- £8.19Trending at £11.98
- £23.41Trending at £25.40
- £20.64Trending at £22.01
- £17.46Trending at £19.71
About this product
- DescriptionDemonstrating the overwhelming majority of LINQ operators and prototypes, and providing examples for complex models that can't be found anywhere else, the authors condense their extensive experience and expertise into a desk companion that is essential for any serious .NET professional.
- Author BiographyJoseph C. Rattz, Jr., unknowingly began his career in software development in 1990 when a friend asked him for assistance writing an ANSI text editor named ANSI Master for the Commodore Amiga. A hangman game (the Gallows) soon followed. From these compiled BASIC programs, he moved on to programming in C for more speed and power. Joe then developed applications that were sold to JumpDisk, an Amiga disk magazine, as well as Amiga World magazine. Due to developing in a small town on a fairly isolated platform, Joe learned all the wrong ways to write code. It was while trying to upgrade his poorly written applications that he gained respect for the importance of easily maintainable code. It was love at first sight when Joe spotted a source-level debugger in use for the first time. Two years later, Joe obtained his first software development opportunity at Policy Management Systems Corporation as an entry level programmer developing a client/server insurance application for OS/2 and Presentation Manager. Through the years, he added C++, Unix, Java, ASP, ASP.NET, C#, HTML, DHTML, and XML to his skill set, while developing applications for SCT, DocuCorp, IBM, and the Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games, CheckFree, NCR, EDS, Delta Technology, Radiant Systems, and the Genuine Parts Company. Joe enjoys the creative aspects of user interface design, and he appreciates the discipline necessary for server-side development. But, given his druthers, his favorite development pastime is debugging code. Joe can be found working for the Genuine Parts Company the parent company of NAPA in the Automotive Parts Group Information Systems department, where he works on his baby, the storefront web site. This site for NAPA provides the stores a view into their accounts and data on a network of AS/400s.
- Author(s)Dennis Hayes,Joeseph C. Rattz
- Date of Publication28/01/2009
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1389 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.