CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.02Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionReflects the range of mathematical interests of Henry McKean, to whom it is dedicated.
- Author BiographyMark Pinsky is Professor of Mathematics at Northwestern University, where he has been since 1968, following a two-year postdoctoral position at Stanford. He completed his PhD at MIT in 1966, under the direction of Henry McKean. His published work includes 125 research papers and 10 books, including several conference proceedings and textbooks. His most recent book, Introduction to Fourier Analysis and Wavelets, has been translated into Spanish. Pinsky is a member of the AMS, IMS, and MAA and has published in their journals and served on various committees, most recently as Consulting Editor for the AMS. He served on the Executive Committee of MSRI for the period 1996-2000. His current interests include classical harmonic analysis and stochastic Riemannian geometry. Bjorn Birnir is a Professor of Mathematics at the University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB). He served as the UCSB coordinator for nonlinear science from 1985-1990. He is currently the director of the Center for Complex and Nonlinear Science at UC Santa Barbara. His current research interests are: Stochastic nonlinear partial differential equations (SPDEs) and turbulence, dynamical systems theory of nonlinear partial differential equations, mathematical seismology and geomorphology, nonlinear phenomena in quantum mechanical systems, complex and nonlinear models in biology, and applications of the above. He is the author of more than 70 publications.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMathematical Sciences Research Institute Publications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 55
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byBjorn Birnir,Mark A. Pinsky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.