All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how TIL lends itself to a broad range of applications. It comprises logical analysis of natural language, artificial-intelligence methods of knowledge representation, multi-agent systems in computer science, philosophy of mathematics, and more.
- Author BiographyDoc. RNDr. Marie Duzi, CSc., is Associate Professor at VSB-Technical University Ostrava, Czech Republic. Her research interests include philosophical and mathematical logic, conceptual modelling, computer science (theory of information). In 2001 she was one of the invited lecturers in a seminar on Transparent Intensional Logic, University of Leiden, the Netherlands. In 2008 the Rector of VSB-Technical University Ostrava awarded her for the greatest contribution to the scientific and research progress of the entire university. Dr Bjorn Jespersen, PhD., is currently Visiting Researcher at the Section of Philosophy, Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management, Delft University of Technology. Since the late 1990s Jespersen published forty research papers, frequently co-authored with Marie Duzi or Pavel Materna, on Transparent Intensional Logic, as well as covering other issues in natural-language semantics, epistemology, and epistemic logic. He co-edited, together with V. Svoboda and C. Cheyne, the 900-page collection of Tichy's collected papers, published in 2004. PhDr. Pavel Materna, CSc, is Professor of Logic at Masaryk University (Brno), and senior researcher at the Institute of Philosophy of the Czech Academy of Sciences (Prague). Materna is a member of the editorial board of the philosophical journals Filosoficky casopis (Philosophical journal) and Organon F, member of the Internationale Bernard-Bolzano Gesellschaft, Salzburg, Austria, and Chairman of the National Committee for Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science.
- Author(s)Bjorn Jespersen,Marie Duzi,Pavel Materna
- Date of Publication05/09/2012
- Series TitleLogic, Epistemology, and the Unity of Science
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight786 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.