All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
- £9.91Trending at £11.11
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleNATO Conference Series / III Human Factors
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1227 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byPaul A. Kolers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
- Table Of ContentsPrinciples of writing systems within the frame of visual communication (Tutorial paper).- English shorthand systems and abbreviatory conventions: A psychological perspective.- Remarks on ancient Egyptian writing with emphasis on its mnemonic aspects.- The Korean writing system: An alphabet? a syllabary? a logography?.- A structure for nontextual communications (Tutorial paper).- The syntax of pictorial instructions.- Making newspaper graphs fit to print.- Some problems of illustration.- Islamic calligraphy: Meaning and symbol.- Usability: The criterion for designing written information (Tutorial paper).- Wholistic models of feature analysis in word recognition: A critical examination.- Developmental trends in the perception of textual cohesion.- Structuring an internal representation of text: A basis of literacy.- Graphic aspects of complex texts: Typography as macro-punctuation.- Pictures and the real thing (Tutorial paper).- The influence of texture gradients on relief interpretation from isopleth maps.- The acquisition and processing of cartographic information: Some preliminary experimentation.- Graph reading abilities of thirteen-year-olds.- Interpreting directions from graphic displays: Spatial frames of reference.- The presentation of text and graphics (Tutorial paper).- Spacing of characters on a television display.- Optimal segmentation for sentences displayed on a video screen.- Text enhancement and structuring in computer conferencing.- Towards an electronic journal.- Human performance in computer aided writing and documentation.- Human-computer interactive systems: A state-of-the-art review (Tutorial paper).- Simultaneous speech transcription and TV captions for the deaf.- Pictorial recognition and teaching the blind to draw.- Telidon Videotex and user-related issues.- Human factors and VDT design.- Theory of representation: Three questions (Tutorial paper).- Textual literacy: An outline sketch of psychological research on reading and writing.- Anaphoric relations, comprehension and readability.- Communicating with computers.- Towards a model for picture and word processing.- The basic test of the graph: A matrix theory of graph construction and cartography.- Name index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.