All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for developers starting their own free software projects, or those who want to participate in the process, this guide offers several steps to help you manage the process of developing free software. It covers such topics as project management, developer motivation, technical infrastructure to support collaboration, and project promotion.
- Author BiographyKarl Fogel co-founded Cyclic Software in 1995, a company offering commercial CVS support. In 1999 he added support for CVS anonymous read-only repository access, inaugurating a new standard for access to development sources in open source projects. That same year, he wrote Open Source Development with CVS (published by Coriolis), now in its third edition via Paraglyph Press. He has also written Producing Open Source Software, due to release in October 2005, from O'Reilly Media. Since early 2000, he has worked for CollabNet, Inc., managing the creation and development of Subversion, a version control system written from scratch by CollabNet and a team of open source volunteers, and meant to replace CVS as the de facto standard among open source projects. He also participates in various other open source projects as a module maintainer, patch contributor, and documentation writer.
- Author(s)Karl Fogel
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication14/10/2005
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £14.78Trending at £15.12
- £10.93Trending at £21.09
- £22.99Trending at £25.58
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £7.99Trending at £15.72
- £21.69Trending at £22.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.