All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it take to build well-engineered Android applications? Explore Android's core building blocks and APIs in depth with this authoritative guide (updated to cover the Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android), and learn how to create compelling apps that work on a full range of Android devices.
- Author BiographyZigurd Mednieks is a consultant to leading OEMs, enterprises, and entrepreneurial ventures creating Android-based systems and software. Previously he was Chief Architect at D2 Technologies, a voice-over-IP (VoIP) technology provider. There he lead engineering and product definition work for products that blended communication and social media in purpose-built embedded systems and on the Android platform. Laird Dornin is a mobile development architect with extensive experience in Java, Android, J2ME, SavaJe, and the webkit browser library. He was a member of the J2SE development team at Sun Microsystems specializing in java.rmi and Jini technology. Laird is currently a Senior Engineer at a major wireless carrier, where he provides Android architectural guidance and Network API support to members of the carrier's developer community. Blake Meike, Senior Software Development Engineer at Amazon, has more than 10 years of experience with Java. He's developed applications using most of the GUI toolkits and several of the Java mobile device platforms. With over a decade of software engineering experience, Masumi Nakamura has worked in various positions within the mobile technology arena, from building out mobile infrastructure to founding his own mobile company. He was one of the primary Android developers of the Where Android app and now is Principal Architect for the Big Data and Recommendations Group at Where, Inc. Outside of coding, he spends his time practicing Ba Gua Zhang and caring for his two cats.
- Author(s)G. Blake Meike,Laird Dornin,Zigurd Mednieks
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- GenreComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £46.49Trending at £54.79
- £39.90Trending at £43.43
- £16.82Trending at £17.44
- £7.00Trending at £7.83
- £20.49Trending at £21.74
- £27.85Trending at £29.63
- £8.72Trending at £13.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.