All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.42Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
- £32.38Trending at £32.98
About this product
- Author(s)David Johnston,Kevin Ronan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction to a Community Resilience Framework.- Community Resilience to Disasters: Introduction to Theory and Review of Research.- Community Resilience: The Role for Schools, Youth and Families.- Community Resilience: A Partnership and Multidisciplinary Perspective.- Promoting Resilience: Readiness and Risk Reduction.- Promoting Resilience: Response.- Promoting Resilience: Recovery.- Putting It All Together: Evidence Based Guidelines for Practice.- The Research-Practice Interface and Recommendations.- Appendices.- References.- Index.
- Author BiographyKevin Ronan has been working in the hazards and disasters area for the past decade. He has an ongoing interest in community resilience and prevention work in this and other areas (e.g., conduct disorder and delinquency in youth and families). He has been the Director of Clinical Psychology Training at Massey University for a number of years and stresses evidence-based practice with trainees. In addition, the idea of accountability for producing outcomes is an emphasis in the training program and in his practice. He has published widely in the area of hazards and disasters. David Johnston has been employed with the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences, New Zealand since 1993 and his research is focused on reducing the vulnerability of society, economy and infrastructure to hazards. He has been involved in developing integrated risk management strategies for different hazard events, using techniques such as scenario development, mitigation planning and community education programs. He is also interested in assessing social and economic impacts of natural and environmental hazard events.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.