All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComprises a survey of the multifaceted nature of proverbs as colorful expressions of folk wisdom. This book deals with the definition and classification of proverbs, including such matters as proverb markers and meanings, origin and dissemination, traditional forms related to proverbs, and types of proverb collections.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Mieder is Professor of German and Folklore at the University of Vermont, where he served for 31 years as the chairperson of the Department of German and Russian. He is an internationally acknowledged proverb scholar, the author of the two-volume International Bibliography of Paremiology and Phraseology (2009), and the founding editor of Proverbium: Yearbook of International Proverb Scholarship (since 1984). His numerous books and articles are concerned with cultural, folkloristic, historical, linguistic, literary, philological, social, and political topics.
- Author(s)Wolfgang Mieder
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- Series TitleInternational Folkloristics
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.