All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Francesco Aquilar,Mauro Galluccio
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- GenreInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight302 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
- Table Of ContentsPreface Chapter 1 Introduction: theoretical and psychological aspects of international negotiation Introduction International Co-operation Few questions International Negotiation Value Claiming/Creating Strategies and Interpersonal Dimension Negotiating a Working Relationship Cognition-Emotion Eliciting in International Negotiation Communication and Negotiation Process A Research Project Practical Guide: The necessary awareness's for negotiators Chapter 2 Peace psychology, war prevention: coping with psychological elements Psychological insight in the study of international crisis Leadership matters Groupthink Symptoms of Groupthink Groupthink Consequences How group membership may influence the individual? Leaders' interpretation of the events International crisis Can crisis be managed? Crisis Management Options and Strategies Implementation Strategy How is it then that so many crises have not been well managed? The Role cognition plays in the Outbreak and Conduct of War Perceptions and Misperceptions Misperceptions and Self-fulfilling Prophecy Misperception and Communications Failure Evolving Circumstances Problem Identification Information processing Ends and Means Concluding Remarks Practical Guide: Cognitive Processes and emotions Chapter 3 Cognitive, emotional and communicative aspects in International Negotiation: Affective Neuroscience contribution to the general understanding of the negotiation process Introduction Perceived and Misperceived Reality Negotiators are Human Beings Interpersonal Relationship Emotions and negotiation Human Communication Process The Cognitive Model Analysis of Beck's Cognitive Model (1976, 1988, 1999, 2002) Analysis of Ellis' Cognitive Model: Rational-Emotive, and Behavioural Approach (1992, 1994; 2004; Ellis & Crawford, 2001) Cognitive Interpersonal Cycles Meta-communication process and working relationship Neuroscience and International Negotiation The Influence of Emotion in Decision Making Process Human Consciousness Motivational Processes Interpersonal Motivational Systems Affective Neuroscience Concluding Remarks Practical Guide: The Interpersonal Motivational Systems and their application in the negotiation context Chapter 4 Emotional competence in international negotiation and mediation practice Introduction Emotional Experience Emotional Communication Addressing Emotion in a Negotiation Context Emotional Communication in
- Author BiographyDr. Francesco Aquilar, Psych.D. (Psy.D.) is the head of the SPC (School of Specialization in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy of Naples, Italy). He is also a lecturer of Cognitive Psychotherapy and lecturer of Sexuology. He is member of the Governing Body of the EABCT (European Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Therapy) since 1994. He has written and edited 8 books on psychological subjects published in Italian. Dr. Mauro Galluccio is a political scientist with a strong background on cognitive psychology and psychotherapy, specialized in International Politics and works as a coordination officer at the DG for International Development and relations with African, Caribbean and Pacific States at the European Commission of the European Union. Additionally, Dr. Galluccio is responsible for leading a study group focused on the Psychology of Politics for the Centre of Cognitive Psychology and Psychotherapy of Naples, Italy. Dr. Galluccio has also been a political analyst and adviser to Members of the European Parliament as Director and supervisor of political cabinet teams, specialized in International and European Affairs.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.11
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.44Trending at £12.75
- £4.55Trending at £4.85
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.