All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA presentation of public administration as a tension between the necessary exercise of power and the search for accountability by public servants. The authors focus on middle- and lower-class managers, positions which they believe students will occupy for the bulk of their professional careers.
- Author BiographyJEROME B. McKINNEY is Professor of Public Management and Policy at the University of Pittsburgh. He has held government positions at state and local levels, and acted as a consultant to all levels of government, both domestic and international. He is the author of Effective Financial Management in Public and Nonprofit Agencies, Second Edition (Quorum, 1995)and Risking a Nation (1995). LAWRENCE C. HOWARD is currently Distinguished Professor at Chatham College. He is a former Dean of the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh. He has consulted widely with nonprofit agencies at all levels of government in the U.S. and developing countries.
- Author(s)Jerome B. McKinney,Lawrence C. Howard
- Date of Publication10/03/1998
- GenreManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 form
- Weight721 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.17
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £4.50Trending at £6.01
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.