All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a comprehensive theory of legal interpretation. This book argues that an alternative approach - purposive interpretation - allows jurists and scholars to approach all legal texts in a similar manner while remaining sensitive to the important differences.
- Author BiographyAharon Barak was president of the Supreme Court of Israel until his retirement in 2006. He is the author of Judicial Discretion, The Judge in a Democracy, numerous articles in English-language law journals, and several books in Hebrew. He is the winner of the 2006 Gruber Justice Prize from the Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation. He is the author of Judicial Discretion (Yale), numerous articles in English-language law journals, and several books in Hebrew.
- Author(s)Aharon Barak
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication27/08/2007
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note2 line illus. 1 table.
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Translated bySari Bashi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £6.72Trending at £8.11
- £14.19Trending at £14.39
- £11.34Trending at £13.27
- £4.46Trending at £6.21
- £15.44Trending at £17.18
- £15.67Trending at £15.84
- £25.21Trending at £26.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.