All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReveals the previously overlooked and underestimated depth of cultural meaning behind contemporary American advertising. Focusing mainly on ads for beauty products directed at women, this book demonstrates how stereotypical gender identities are emphasized and how advertising itself creates a gendered relationship with the consumer.
- Author BiographyDiane Barthel is Associate Professor of Sociology at State University of New York, Stony Brook.
- Author(s)Diane Barthel
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/1989
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleWomen in the Political Economy
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.80Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.