All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTalks about the link between inequality studies and quantile regression models. This book explores the natural connections between this sought-after tool and research topics in the social sciences.
- Author BiographyLingxin Hao (PhD, Sociology, 1990, University of Chicago) is Professor of Sociology at the Johns Hopkins University. She was a 2002-2003 Visiting Scholar at Russell Sage Foundation and a 2007 Resident Fellow at Spencer Foundation. Her areas of specialization include the family and public policy, social inequality, immigration, quantitative methods, and advanced statistics. The focus of her research is on social inequality, emphasizing the effects of structural, institutional, and contextual forces in addition to individual and family factors. Her research tests hypotheses derived from sociological and economic theories using advanced statistical methods and large national survey datasets. Her articles have appeared in various journals including Sociological Methodology, Sociological Methods and Research, Quality and Quantity, American Journal of Sociology, Social Forces, Sociology of Education, Social Science Research, and International Migration Review. Daniel Q. Naiman (PhD, Mathematics, 1982, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) is Professor and Chair of the Applied Mathematics and Statistics at the Johns Hopkins University. He was elected as a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics in 1997, and was an Erskine Fellow at the University of Canterbury in 2005. Much of his mathematical research has been focused on geometric and computational methods for multiple testing. He has collaborated on papers applying statistics in a variety of areas: bioinformatics, econometrics, environmental health, genetics, hydrology, and microbiology. His articles have appeared in various journals including Annals of Statistics, Bioinformatics, Biometrika, Human Heredity, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of the American Statistical Association, and Science.
- Author(s)Daniel Q. Naiman,Lingxin Hao
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleQuantitative Applications in the Social Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 149
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.35
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £17.94Trending at £18.57
- £7.43Trending at £8.48
- £14.54Trending at £15.43
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.