All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionA modern presentation of theoretical solid state physics that builds directly upon Kittela s Introduction to Solid State Physics. Treats phonon, electron, and magnon fields, culminating in the BCS theory of superconductivity. Considers Fermi surfaces and electron wave functions and develops the group theoretical description of Brillouin zones.
- Author BiographyAbout the author...Charles Kittel taught solid state physics at the University of California Berkeley from 1951 to 1978. Earlier he had been a member of the solid state physics group at Bell Laboratories. His undergraduate work in physics was a M.I.T. and at the Cavendish Laboratory of Cambridge University. His PhD was from the University of Wisconsin. He has been awarded the Oliver Buckley Prize for Solid State Physics and the Oersted Medal of the American Association of Physics Teachers He is a member of the National Academy of Science and of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He is the author of a widely used introductory book on solid state physics.
- Author(s)Charles Kittel
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/1987
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations, index
- Weight760 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.