All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a critical examination of discrimination based on sexuality, gender, and body size in Canadian physical education. This book illustrates how students with queer bodies - whether lesbian, gay, transgendered, or overweight or fat - cope with homophobia, transphobia, and fat phobia in physical education.
- Author BiographyHeather Sykes is Associate Professor of Physical Education in the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto. Her research uses postmodern and queer theories to critically examine issues of sexuality, transgender, and fatness in physical education and sport sociology. Her work has been published in Body and Society, Journal of Curriculum Studies, and the Sociology of Sport Journal. She has also worked as co-editor of Curriculum Inquiry.
- Author(s)Heather Sykes
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication22/11/2010
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleComplicated Conversation
- Series Part/Volume Number36
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, tables
- Weight360 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.