All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA compilation of personal essays by lesbian teachers and students who speak about sexual identity and its influence on the teaching and learning process. It provides twenty-six essays that give readers the opportunity to recognize, connect with, and critically think about the personal and political challenges.
- Author BiographyLori Horvitz' short stories, poetry, and creative nonfiction have appeared in a variety of literary journals and anthologies including Southeast Review, Hotel Amerika, Thirteenth Moon and Quarter After Eight. The recipient of an MFA in Creative Writing from Brooklyn College, and a PhD in English from SUNY Albany, she has been awarded writing fellowships from Yaddo, Ragdale, Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, Blue Mountain Center, Cottages at Hedgebrook, and Fundacion Valparaiso. She is Associate Professor of Literature and Language at UNC-Asheville, where she teaches courses in creative writing, literature and women's studies.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number397
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight290 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byLori Horvitz
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £10.90
- £6.68Trending at £7.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £11.96Trending at £12.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.