All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Goutam Paul,Subhamoy Maitra
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/11/2011
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleDiscrete Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number70
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 27 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction to Cryptography Etymology and Some Historical Facts Primary Goals of Cryptography Basic Terminology Cryptographic Attack Models Cryptographic Security Private and Public Key Cryptosystems Stream Ciphers and RC4 Introduction to Stream Ciphers Attack Models for Stream Cipher Cryptanalysis Hardware Stream Ciphers Software Stream Ciphers On Randomness and Pseudo-Randomness Analysis of Key Scheduling Bias of Permutation toward Secret Key Non-Randomness of Permutation Movement Frequency of Permutation Values Key Collisions Key Recovery from State Information Reversibility of RC4 PRGA Recovery through Solving Simultaneous Equations Improvement by Difference Equations Group of Key Bytes Approach Byte by Byte Recovery Bit by Bit Recovery Bidirectional Key Search Analysis of Keystream Generation Finney Cycles Glimpse Theorem Biased Permutation Index Selection for the First Keystream Byte Characterization of PRGA Evolution Some Biases in First Keystream Byte toward Secret Key More Biases in Many Keystream Bytes toward Secret Key Exhaustive Enumeration of All Biases State Recovery from Keystream Distinguishing Attacks A Theoretical Framework of Distinguishing Attacks Distinguishers Based on Initial Keystream Bytes Distinguishers Based on Any Stage of PRGA WEP and WPA Attacks RC4 in WEP and the Attack Principle FMS Attack Mantin's Attack Klein's Attack PTW and VX Attacks RC4 in WPA and Related Attacks Fault Attacks Hoch and Shamir's Attack Impossible and Differential Fault Attacks Fault Attack Based on Fork Model Fault Attack with Pseudo-Random Index Stuck Variants of RC4 Byte-Oriented Variants Word-Oriented Variants RC4-Based Hash RC4+ Stream Cipher HC-128 Description of HC-128 Linear Approximation of Feedback Functions Distinguishing Attacks on HC-128 Collisions in h1, h2 and State Leakage in Keystream Constructing Full-State Given Only Half-State Information Design Modification with Respect to Known Observations Conclusion Safe Use of RC4 Appendix A: A Sample C Implementation of RC4 Appendix B: Verified Test Vectors of RC4 Bibliography Index Research Problems are presented at the end of chapters 3-10.
- Author BiographyGoutam Paul is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Jadavpur University. Dr. Paul has published articles in numerous refereed journals, including Discrete Applied Mathematics, Journal of Mathematical Cryptology, and Designs, Codes and Cryptography. His research interests include cryptography, security, steganography, and combinatorial algorithms. Subhamoy Maitra is a professor at the Indian Statistical Institute. Dr. Maitra has contributed extensively to many peer-reviewed journals, such as IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Discrete Mathematics, and Designs, Codes and Cryptography. He is also on the editorial board of Cryptography and Communications: Discrete Structures, Boolean Functions and Sequences. His research interests include cryptographically significant Boolean functions, design and cryptanalysis of stream ciphers, analysis of RSA and factorization, and cryptanalysis of digital watermarking schemes.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.54
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.20Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.