All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOrphaned at a young age, Rachel is left penniless and alone in the streets of Newcastle. In the depths of despair, she is delighted to learn that her eccentric Uncle Joshua has left her his house in Sunderland. But it comes with a strict proviso: she must marry her sworn enemy Martin. Otherwise, her cousin Saul Gorman will inherit the lot.
- Author BiographyIrene Carr was born and brought up on the river in Monkwearmouth, Sunderland, in the 1930s. As her father and brother worked in the local shipyards and her mother was a barmaid at the beginning of the century she is well acquainted with the setting and times of the world she recreates in her sagas, all listed below.
- Author(s)Irene Carr
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication10/05/2004
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/04/2007
- Weight574 g
- Width160 mm
- Height32 mm
- Spine239 mm
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £6.49Trending at £7.82
- £4.38Trending at £4.95
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £7.77Trending at £9.46
- £2.95Trending at £3.09
- £16.26Trending at £20.06
- £4.72Trending at £7.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.