All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication20/06/2016
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note158 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white tables
- Weight848 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAthanasios D. Panagopoulos,Athanasios G. Kanatas
- Table Of ContentsNext-Generation MIMO Satellite Systems: From Channel Modeling to System Performance Evaluation Konstantinos P. Liolis and Pantelis-Daniel Arapoglou Propagation Phenomena and Modeling for Fixed Satellite Systems: Evaluation of Fade Mitigation Techniques Athanasios D. Panagopoulos Mobile Satellite Channel Characterization Athanasios G. Kanatas Land Mobile Satellite Channel Models Fernando Perez-Fontan Propagation Effects on Satellite Navigation Systems Roberto Prieto-Cerdeira Tropospheric Attenuation Synthesizers Charilaos Kourogiorgas and Athanasios D. Panagopoulos Review of Space-Time Tropospheric Propagation Models Nicolas Jeannin and Laurent Castanet Impact of Clouds from Ka Band to Optical Frequencies Lorenzo Luini and Roberto Nebuloni Aeronautical Communications Channel Characteristics and Modeling: From Legacy toward Future Satellite Systems Ana Vazquez Alejos, Manuel Garcia Sanchez, and Edgar Lemos Cid Stratospheric Channel Models Emmanouel T. Michailidis and Athanasios G. Kanatas Index
- Author BiographyAthanasios G. Kanatas is a professor at the Department of Digital Systems and Dean of the School of Information and Communication Technologies at the University of Piraeus, Greece. He earned his diploma in electrical engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece, in 1991, MSc in satellite communication engineering from the University of Surrey, Surrey, UK, in 1992, and PhD in mobile satellite communications from NTUA, Greece, in February 1997. Dr. Kanatas has published more than 130 papers in international journals and international conference proceedings. Dr. Kanatas has been a senior member of the IEEE since 2002. Athanasios D. Panagopoulos earned his diploma in electrical and computer engineering (summa cum laude) and PhD in engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in July 1997 and April 2002, respectively. Dr. Panagopoulos has published more than 135 papers in international journals and transactions and more than 190 papers in conference proceedings. He has also published more than 25 book chapters in international books. He is the recipient of the URSI General Assembly Young Scientist Award in 2002 and 2005. He is the editor of two international books on mobile and satellite communications.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.29
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.18Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.