All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of poems about the fusion of Eastern and Western cultures in today's Scotland, each poem created around one of Rodrigues' photographic portraits.
- Author BiographyBASHABI FRASER is a transnational writer who lives and writes in Edinburgh. She is a poet, editor, children's writer, translator and critic. Her awards include the IAS Prize for Literary Services in Scotland in 2009. She has been widely published and amongst her recent publications are Scots Beneath the Banyan Tree: Stories from Bengal (2011); From the Ganga to the Tay (an epic poem, 2009); Bengal Partition Stories: An Unclosed Chapter (2006; 2008), A Meeting of Two Minds: the Geddes Tagore Letters (2005) and Tartan & Turban (poetry collection, 2004). Her research and writing traverse continents and cross borders and boundaries. Bashabi is a Lecturer in English and Creative Writing at Edinburgh Napier University. HERMANN RODRIGUES (b. 1961, Jaipur) has been documenting South Asian life in Scotland for twenty-two years. He is the proprietor of the award-winning restaurant Suruchi, where he has hosted Bollywood stars.
- Author(s)Bashabi Fraser
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Photographs byHermann Rodrigues
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.