All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeals with the appropriate mechanisms for increasing cultural awareness among teacher candidates. This book includes narratives and instructional approaches for teacher-educators and teacher-candidates to aid in understanding the multicultural education field. It explores positive constructivist approaches in the field of multicultural education.
- Author BiographyAna Maria Klein is Assistant Professor in SUNY Fredonia's College of Education where she teaches cultural studies and mathematics methods. Professor Klein holds a Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction from McGill University, Montreal, Canada. Her dissertation on the language of problem-solving led her to publish her first book, Learning How Children Process Mathematical Problems and subsequently motivated her to look at the linguistic and cultural aspects of teaching. Dr. Klein has currently published several articles in the multicultural arena where she focuses on teacher-education. She is a fluent speaker of four languages, has been an elementary classroom teacher for more than 25 years and continues to appreciate the validity of the culture and language as a problem solving activity.
- Author(s)Ana Maria Klein
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication27/01/2006
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width176 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.