All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.64Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book not only introduces proof techniques and other foundational principles of higher mathematics, but also helps students develop the necessary abilities to read, write and prove using mathematical definitions, examples and theorems.
- Author BiographyUeli Daepp is an associate professor of mathematics at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA. He was born and educated in Bern, Switzerland and completed his PhD at Michigan State University. His primary field of research is algebraic geometry and commutative algebra. Pamela Gorkin is a professor of mathematics at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA. She also received her PhD from Michigan State where she worked under the director of Sheldon Axler. Prof. Gorkin's research focuses on functional analysis and operator theory. Ulrich Daepp and Pamela Gorkin co-authored of the first edition of Reading, Writing, and Proving whose first edition published in 2003. To date the first edition (978-0-387-00834-9 ) has sold over 3000 copies.
- Author(s)Pamela Gorkin,Ulrich Daepp
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/06/2011
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleUndergraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight745 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.