All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is rich with information about how literacy works in the non-alphabetic writing systems used by hundreds of millions of people and refutes the common Western belief that such systems are hard to learn or to use. The contributors share a comprehensive view of reading as construction of meaning.
- Author BiographyKen Goodman is Professor Emeritus of the University of Arizona. Shaomei Wang is a lecturer in German, Russian and Asian Languages and Literature at Tufts University. Mieko Shimizu Iventosch teaches Japanese as a foreign language at Pima Community College and at the University of Arizona. Yetta Goodman is Regents Professor Emerita of the University of Arizona.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- GenreLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKenneth S. Goodman,Meiko Iventosch,Shaomei Wang,Yetta M. Goodman
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.54Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.