All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe University has lost its way. The world needs the university more than ever but for new reasons. If we are to clarify its new role in the world, we need to find a new vocabulary and a new sense of purpose. This book offers nothing less than a fundamental reworking of the way in which we understand the modern university.
- Author BiographyRonald Barnett is Professor of Higher Education and Dean of Professional Development at the Institute of Education, University of London. His earlier books include The Idea of Higher Education, The Limits of Competence, and Higher Education: A Critical Business.
- Author(s)Ronald Barnett
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1999
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleSociety for Research into Higher Education
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notenotes, bibliography,
- Weight370 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.99
- £4.98Trending at £5.60
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £12.03Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.