All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRealizing the Witch follows the unfolding of Benjamin Christensen's visual narrative in his 1922 film, Haxan (The Witch). Through a close reading of Haxan, Baxstrom and Meyers examine the study of witchcraft from historical and anthropological perspectives, as well as the intersection of popular culture, artistic expression and scientific ideas.
- Author BiographyRichard Baxstrom is Lecturer in Social Anthropology at the University of Edinburgh. He is the author of Houses in Motion: The Experience of Place and the Problem of Belief in Urban Malaysia. Todd Meyers is Associate Professor of Medical Anthropology at Wayne State University. He is the author of The Clinic and Elsewhere: Addiction, Adolescents, and the Afterlife of Therapy and the coeditor of Fordham's Forms of Living series.
- Author(s)Richard Baxstrom,Todd Meyers
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleForms of Living
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Note64 b/w illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width5830 mm
- Height3895 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.69
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £7.65Trending at £7.92
- £9.85Trending at £11.86
- £5.02Trending at £6.52
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.