All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes recent advances in the theory, properties, methods and applications of SMC, including a discussion about the advantages and disadvantages of different SMC algorithms.
- Author BiographyLeonid Fridman received a Ph.D. degree in applied mathematics from the Institute of Control Science, Moscow, Russia, in 1988, and a Dr. Sc. degree in control science from Moscow State University of Mathematics and Electronics, Moscow, Russia, in 1998. Since 2002, he joined the Department of Control Engineering and Robotics, Division of Electrical Engineering of Engineering Faculty at National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), Mexico. His research interests are Variable Structure Systems, and he is currently a Chair of TC on Variable Structure Systems and Sliding mode control of IEEE Control Systems Society, Associated Editor of the Journal of Franklin Institute, and Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems. He is an author and editor of eight books and fifteen special issues devoted to the sliding mode control. He is a winner of Scopus prize for the best cited Mexican Scientists in Mathematics and Engineering 2010. Jean-Pierre Barbot is Professor at ENSEA Cergy-Pontoise, France. He is currently director of the Quartz Laboratory EA 7393 and member of EPI Non-A at INRIA. After his graduation from the Ecole Normale Superieure of Cachan, he received the Ph. D. degree in automatic control from the University of Paris XI (France) in 1989 and the HDR in 1997. His main research activities deal with sliding mode control and observation, system under sampling, hybrid system, delay system, synchronization of chaotic system, normal form and recently Compressive Sensing. His main application domains are electrical machine, power converter. Franck Plestan received the Ph.D. in Automatic Control from the Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France, in 1995. From September 1996 to August 2000, he was with Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, France. In September 2000, he joined the Ecole Centrale de Nantes, Nantes, France where he is currently Professor. His research interests include robust nonlinear control (especially sliding mode) and observer design, with several fields of applications (electropneumatic actuators, flying systems, automotive).
- Author(s)Franck Plestan,Jean Pierre Barbot,Leonid Fridman
- PublisherInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleControl, Robotics and Sensors
- Place of PublicationStevenage
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Paginationxx, 418
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £10.17
- £13.86Trending at £14.94
- £41.00Trending at £49.64
- £8.19Trending at £11.99
- £23.41Trending at £25.33
- £20.64Trending at £21.95
- £17.46Trending at £19.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.