All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting the work of leading thinkers, and the voices of the elderly themselves, this book highlights the significance of reciprocity for the maintenance of self-esteem in old age and discusses negative implications when that significance goes unrecognized.
- Author BiographySue Thompson, PhD works in Wales as a director of Avenue Consulting Ltd and does postgraduate research in the field of eldercare. She received her doctoral degree in sociology from the University of Liverpool, following a masters in social work obtained at University of Wales. Dr. Thompson has extensive experience in the caring professions, both at the practitioner level as a nurse and social worker, and also as a practice assessor, mentor, and educator in social work and social care more broadly defined. She has written and co-written a number of articles, chapters, books, and learning resources pertaining particularly to older people and eldercare. A key theme in her practice, research, and publications is the challenging of ageist practices which compromise dignity and personhood, and the ideologies and discourses which reinforce such practices as morally legitimate. Dr. Thompson is a co-founder of the Welsh Organisation for Practice Teaching and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Author(s)Sue Thompson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleInternational Perspectives on Aging
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight537 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.52Trending at £11.93
- £17.99Trending at £21.06
- £25.50Trending at £25.83
- £28.61Trending at £36.00
- £11.89Trending at £13.69
- £2.39Trending at £3.04
- £30.00Trending at £34.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.