All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.24
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £5.94Trending at £6.39
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.81
- £4.53Trending at £6.46
- £7.81Trending at £8.36
About this product
- DescriptionAn iconic work of Western art, Fragonard's L'escarpolette , or The Swing , is often reproduced, and its foreground image of a young woman losing her slipper midswing is widely familiar. This book explores that scene in a long poem that engages with the image of the flying slipper, and presents two other sequences of poems based on paintings.
- Author BiographyJohn Wilkinson is an English poet living in Chicago, where he has been professor of practice in the arts at the University of Chicago. He has published ten major collections of poetry, including Down to Earth, and a volume of criticism entitled The Lyric Touch.
- Author(s)John Wilkinson
- PublisherSeagull Books London Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationGreenford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeagull Books London Ltd
- Weight150 g
- Width132 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.