All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
About this product
- DescriptionERIC CREGEEN's groundbreaking research into the Argyll Estate Papers and into the oral tradition of the Scottish West Highlands are at the heart of this collection.
- Author BiographyAUTHOR: ERIC R. CREGEEN (1921-1983). Though born in the north of England, Eric Cregeen's family were from the Isle of Man, where he spent many of his formative years. After graduating from Cambridge University as a Social Historian, Cregeen trained with the Irish Folklore Commission before being appointed as Associate Director of the Manx Museum. In 1966 he joined the staff of the University of Edinburgh at the School of Scottish Studies and was one of the most productive fieldworkers and researchers. He was later appointed Reader in Scottish Studies, a role which he fulfilled until his untimely death in 1983. THE EDITOR: MARGARET BENNETT is a prize-winning author, well known singer and broadcaster. She has written extensively about Scottish folklore and culture at home and abroad and her eleven books include Scottish Customs from the Cradle to the Grave. She is the recipient of several honours including The Celtic Women International Award (2003), Honorary Life Fellow of the Association of Scottish Literary Studies (2010), Honorary Doctor of Music (2010, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow), le 'Prix du Quebec' (2011) and the Royal Scottish Academy has recently appointed her Honorary Professor Antiquities (2012).
- Author(s)Eric R. Cregeen
- PublisherGrace Note Publications
- Date of Publication04/01/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGrace Note Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMargaret Bennett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.