Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.86Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
About this product
- DescriptionAnalyzes how - and how well - one company, Reconstruction, Inc of Philadelphia, has organized returning prisoners, their families, and communities for 24 years. This book looks at Reconstruction's programs, strategies, and patterns of change over time; and holistic and principled transformations in the people and families it has touched.
- Author BiographyTownsand Price-Spratlen (PhD, University of Washington) is Associate Professor in the Department of Sociology at The Ohio State University. He has been a member of Reconstruction, Inc. since the organization began, and now serves on the Advisory Board. His research explores relationships between faith, social justice, and community capacity building outcomes. William Goldsby was born in Selma, Alabama during the Jim Crow era. Before and during his two military tours, he was convicted of two violent offenses. He earned his BA at Western Washington University from the School of Education and Human Services, and served in the Peace Corps in Central America as a nutritionist and youth developer. After returning to the U.S. he served on the Pennsylvania Future Commission and the board of Pennsylvania Prison Society, and was one of the conveners of Pennsylvania Abolitionists United Against the Death Penalty. He is a program designer for social issues, professional technician for situation management, and is the current Chair of Reconstruction, Inc.
- Author(s)Townsand Price-Spratlen,William Goldsby
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/09/2012
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleBlack Studies and Critical Thinking
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.