Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.09
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.65
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £25.99Trending at £28.47
About this product
- DescriptionRecruiting Lawyers: How to Hire the Best Talent, Second Edition provides you with effective and practical strategies that you can incorporate immediately into your recruitment procedures.
- Author BiographyMarcia Pennington Shannon Marcia Pennington Shannon is the Assistant Dean of CareerServices at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, DC. As head ofCareer Services, Marcia leads a team of 17 people focused on providing careercounseling and recruitment opportunities for approximately 1,800 JD students.Marcia also serves in the senior administration of the Law Center. Prior toreturning to Georgetown Law, Marcia was cofounder and principal in the nationalconsulting firm of Shannon & Manch, LLP, now SJL Shannon, LLP. Theconsulting firm specializes in lawyer career and professional development,including recruitment, retention, evaluation, coaching, and transition counseling.Marcia holds degrees from Emory University and the University of Cincinnati,and is a master coach through the Behavioral Coaching Institute. In addition toRecruiting Lawyers, she is the managing editor andcoauthor of TheLawyer's Career Management Handbook: YourBridge to a Satisfying Career (West, 2010). Marcia has published widely and is a frequentspeaker on a range of topics relating to careers in the legal profession. Susan G. Manch Susan G. Manch is Chief of People & Development forNorton Rose Fulbright, LLP. She aligns talent strategy with business strategies,ensuring that the firm can hire the best lawyers, prepare them to provide thehighest quality service to clients, and help them build successful andsatisfying legal careers. With 30 years of experience in law firm talentstrategy, consulting, and coaching, Susan is an established thought leader inlegal talent strategy and lawyer development. Along with Marcia P. Shannon,Susan was a founding principal of Shannon & Manch, LLP, now SJL Shannon,LLP. As a consultant, she has been an advisor to the majority of the Am Law 100and Global 100 law firms, as well as top law schools and in-house legaldepartments. She is the author of four books, including the ABA publication Learningfrom Law Firm Leaders and countless articles. Previously, she held positions atBingham McCutchen, Georgetown University, The Catholic University of AmericaColumbus School of Law, and Trinity College, among others. She has an M.Ed. inclinical counseling from the University of Virginia and a B.A. in psychologyfrom Ohio University. Susan is also a Master Coach, certified by the BehavioralCoaching Institute, and is experienced in leadership, business development, andteam management coaching for lawyers.
- Author(s)Marcia Pennington Shannon,Susan Manch
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.