All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn globally connected marketplace, a wedding sari in rural north India may become a woman's blouse or cushion cover in a Western boutique. This anthropological study of the recycling of clothes in Delhi follows garments as they are gifted, worn, handed on, discarded, recycled, and sold once more.
- Author BiographyLucy Norris is Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Anthropology at University College London. She is author (with Michael Hitchcock) of Bali, The Imaginary Museum: The Photographs of Walter Spies and Beryl de Zoete.
- Author(s)Lucy Norris
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication16/07/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleTracking Globalization
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note16 color illus., 7 b&w illus.
- Weight408 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine458 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.80Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £10.88Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.