All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGathering among the best European specialists of welfare state comparisons, this book organises comprehensive and up to date information on European welfare state reforms in an analytical framework which allows a new approach to social policy changes.
- Author BiographyBruno Palier is CNRS Researcher at Sciences Po. Trained in social science, he has a PHD in Political science, and is a former student of Ecole Normale Superieure. He is studying welfare reforms in Europe, and is currently conducting a comparative project on the politics of welfare reforms in Continental Europe. He was Visiting Scholar at Northwestern University (Spring quarter 2007), at Center for European Studies from Harvard University in 2001 and Jean Monnet Fellow in the European University Institute in Florence in 1998-1999. He is currently the scientific coordinator of an European Network of excellence RECWOWE (Reconciling Work and Welfare). Claude Martin is CNRS senior research fellow at the University of Rennes 1 (Centre de recherches sur l'action politique en Europe) and director of the LAPSS at the National school of public health. Trained in sociology (PhD), he teaches at the Institute of political science in Rennes and at Sorbonne University. He was a member of the European Observatory on Social situation, demography and the Family of the European Commission (1998-2005). His research interests concerns social care and social policies in Europe. He is co-editing with Jane Jenson the international journal: Lien social et politiques and is a member of the board of Social Policy and Administration .
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2008
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleBroadening Perspectives in Social Policy
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight264 g
- Width156 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byBruno Palier,Claude Martin
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.