All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the psychoanalytic understanding of suicide and self-harm, and how this can be applied to clinical work and policy. This book includes a theoretical overview examples of psychoanalytic practice with self-harming and suicidal patients applications of psychoanalytic thinking to suicide and self-harm prevention.
- Author BiographyStephen Briggs is Professor and Director of the Centre for Social Work Research, in the University of East London and Vice Dean in the Adolescent Department of the Tavistock Clinic. He has worked as a clinician, teacher and researcher in the Tavistock's Adolescent Department since 1991 and has written widely on infancy, adolescence and suicide. Alessandra Lemma is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist working in the Adolescent Department of Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust where she is also the Head of Psychology. She teaches widely and has a particular interest in trauma and body image disturbances. She trained as a psychoanalyst and is Member of the British Psychoanalytic Society. William Crouch is a Clinical Psychologist in the Adolescent Department, Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, with a training post in psychoanalytic psychotherapy. He has a worked with young people in community mental health teams and inpatient units; he has set up a mental health service in an inner city youth offending team.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2008
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlessandra Lemma,Stephen Briggs,William Crouch
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £13.39Trending at £13.77
- £4.41Trending at £4.52
- £25.99Trending at £28.17
- £8.94Trending at £9.26
- £22.98Trending at £25.49
- £14.54Trending at £15.20
- £23.93Trending at £24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.