All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.61Trending at £12.26
About this product
- DescriptionWith a focus on reliability analysis, this text provides a practical and comprehensive overview of reliability and risk analysis techniques. It features topics including generalized renewal with applications, Bayesian estimation methods, and estimation of bounds of repairable unit reliability and availability.
- Author BiographyMohammad Modarres is a professor of nuclear engineering and reliability engineering. His research areas are system reliability modeling, probabilistic risk analysis, probabilistic physics of failure, and uncertainty modeling and analysis. He is a consultant to several government and private organizations as well as national laboratories. Prof. Modarres has published more than 200 papers in professional journals and proceedings of conferences; three books; and a number of book chapters, edited books, and handbooks. He is a University of Maryland Distinguished Scholar-Teacher, a fellow of the American Nuclear Society, and has received a number of other awards in reliability engineering and risk assessment. Prof. Modarres received his PhD in nuclear engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1979 and his MS in mechanical engineering from MIT in 1977. Mark Kaminskiy is the chief statistician at the Center of Technology and Systems Management, University of Maryland (College Park). Dr. Kaminskiy is a researcher and consultant in reliability engineering, life data analysis, and risk analysis of engineering systems. He has conducted numerous research and consulting projects funded by the government and industrial companies such as the Department of Transportation, the Coast Guard, the Army Corps of Engineers, the Navy, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Ford Motor Company, Qualcomm Inc., and several other engineering companies. He has taught several graduate courses on reliability engineering at the University of Maryland. Dr. Kaminskiy is the author or coauthor of over 50 publications in journals, conference proceedings, and reports. Vasiliy Krivtsov is a senior staff technical specialist in reliability and statistical analysis with Ford Motor Company. He holds MS and PhD degrees in electrical engineering from Kharkov Polytechnic Institute, Ukraine, and a PhD in reliability engineering from the University of Maryland. Dr. Krivtsov is the author or coauthor of over 40 professional publications, including a book on reliability engineering and risk analysis, nine patented inventions, and three Ford trade secret inventions. He is an editor of Reliability Engineering and System Safety journal and is a member of the IEEE Reliability Society. Prior to Ford, Dr. Krivtsov held the position of associate professor of electrical engineering in Ukraine and that of a research affiliate at the Center for Reliability Engineering, University of Maryland. Further information on Dr. Krivtsov's professional activity is available at http://www.krivtsov.net.
- Author(s)Mark P. Kaminskiy,Mohammad Modarres,Vasiliy Krivtsov
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/09/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note245 black & white illustrations, 64 black & white tables
- Weight1020 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.