All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
About this product
- Author(s)Francisca Cho,Richard K. Squier
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2015
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight406 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface. List of Abbreviations. Introduction: The Mirror of Buddhism. Chapter One: Comparative Empiricisms. Chapter Two: Myth, Logic, and the Logic of Mythology. Chapter Three: Does the Buddha Tell Lies? Getting Beyond the Literal and Metaphorical. Chapter Four: Zen Masters and Their Way With Words. Chapter Five: How to be an Enlightened Materialist. Chapter Six: Reflecting on the Buddha to Reflect on Ourselves.
- Author BiographyFrancisca Cho is Associate Professor of Buddhist studies at Georgetown University. Her main research topic is the aesthetic expression of Buddhism through fiction, poetry and film. The methodology of comparative studies is a key focus in her work on religion and science. Richard K. Squier received his PhD in computer science from Princeton University in 1991, and is currently on the faculty of the Computer Science Department, Georgetown University. He is interested in the physical limitations of computation and its application to human communication.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.