All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsists of fragments of 77 interviews with Holocaust survivors who talk about their life in Amsterdam before the war. This book describes the history of Jewish community in Amsterdam from the 17th century until the German occupation in 1940 and shows that for centuries it was one of the important community in Western Europe.
- Author BiographyPhilo Bregstein's prolific career includes the publication of three novels, one play, several essays and works of non fiction, and almost a dozen films, several of which have been distributed in the United States. Salvador Bloemgarten is the author of several articles about the Jewish working class for Dutch publications. Hew is presently a member of the editorial board that is compelling a biographical encyclopaedia of Dutch Jews in the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Salvador Bloemgarten
- PublisherHolmes & Meier Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2004
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationTrumbull, Connecticut
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHolmes & Meier Publishers Inc
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight608 g
- Width152 mm
- Height241 mm
- Edited byJohanna Katherina Barends,Philo Bregstein
- Translated byWanda Boeke
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.46
- £17.50Trending at £34.04
- £11.48Trending at £12.46
- £14.78Trending at £20.94
- £20.97Trending at £21.89
- £14.24Trending at £14.61
- £9.85Trending at £10.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.