All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTakes a topical and thematic approach to French history from 1500 to 1648. Chapters focus on politics and the state, the economy, society and culture, religion, and gender and the family, and provide a narrative of French history from the advent of the Reformation, through the civil wars of the second half of the sixteenth century, to the Fronde.
- Author BiographyMack P. Holt is Professor of History at George Mason University. His work has won prizes from the Sixteenth Century Studies Conference, the National Huguenot Society, and the Southern Historical Association. He has served on the editorial board of French Historical Studies, and in 1999 was the president of the Society for French Historical Studies. He has previously taught at Harvard and Vanderbilt universities.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleShort Oxford History of France
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteMaps
- Weight369 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byProfessor Mack P. Holt
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £13.25
- £25.27Trending at £26.31
- £16.76Trending at £20.62
- £10.16Trending at £14.50
- £11.89Trending at £16.99
- £16.99Trending at £17.18
- £9.93Trending at £12.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.