Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionScientist and engineers working in the field renewable energy must overcome the challenges of conversion, transmission and storage before it can replace more traditional power sources such as oil and gas. This book provides strategies for the efficient conversion, transmission and storage of various forms of renewable energy.
- Author BiographyProfessor Emeritus at the Department of People and Technology, and a professor of physics at the Institute of Mathematics and Physics, both at Roskilde University, Denmark. He is also an independent consultant at Novator Advanced Technology Consulting. Bent Sorensen's research is cross-disciplinary and has resulted in nearly a thousand scientific articles and some 30 books, including foundation work in economic theory (the scenario method, life-cycle analysis) and in energy research (renewable energy resources, technology and applications). Dr. Sorensen is one of the world's leading specialists in renewable energy. He has five decades of experience in researching the field, and has published hundreds of monographs, articles in scientific journals, technical reports, and conference contributions. He has received several awards and has been knighted by Her Majesty Queen Margrethe of Denmark. He has worked at universities in Japan, France, Denmark, Australia and the United States (Berkeley and Yale), has been a consultant to governments and international organizations, a lead author in the IPCC climate assessment.
- Author(s)Bent Sorensen
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication07/11/2007
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 170 illustrations; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight670 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.