All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the story of Musaylima - his claim of prophethood, qur'an (reading), religious activities, followers, opponents, and defeat - is reconstructed. This study reveals that the remaining fragments of Musaylima's qur'an bear substantial similarities to the early Meccan verses of the Qur'an - in terms of diction, style, and pattern.
- Author BiographyAl Makin earned his BA from the State Insitute of Islamic Studies, Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta, Indonesia (1996), his MA from McGill University, Montreal, Canada (1999), and his Ph.D. from Heidelberg University, Germany (2008). Between 2009 and 2010 he was a research fellow at the IKGF (International Consortium for Humanities) The Dynamics in the History of Religions between Asia and Europe , Ruhr University Germany. He is currently a lecturer at the State Islamic University Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Author(s)Al Makin
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication23/09/2010
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleEuropaeische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes
- Series Part/Volume Number106
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notenum fig. and graphs
- Weight440 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.