CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.63Trending at £9.09
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £6.10Trending at £6.23
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £11.41Trending at £14.15
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight556 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byCandace S. Bos,Sharon Vaughn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
- Table Of ContentsI Models and Theories.- 1 Learning Disabilities Theory: Issues and Advances.- Issues in the Development and Validation of Learning Disabilities Theory.- Important Elements of Learning Disabilities Theory.- Current Theories of Learning Disabilities.- References.- 2 Neuropsychological Theories Associated with Learning Disorders.- Anatomical and Behavioral Differences.- Contemporary Theories Associated with Learning Disorders.- The Promise of the Future.- References.- 3 Models and Theories: Their Influence on Research in Learning Disabilities.- Paradigm Wars in Learning Disabilities.- Research Wars in Learning Disabilities.- The Scientific Method.- The Scientific Method and Learning Disabilities: Summary and Conclusions.- References.- II Methodological Issues: Descriptive Research.- 4 The Role of Classification in Learning Disabilities.- Conceptual Issues in Classification.- Methodological Issues in Cluster Analysis.- Conclusions.- References.- 5 A Screening Test Built of Cognitive Bricks: Identification of Young LD Children.- Development of a Cognitive Screening Test: Initial Results.- Summary and Implications for Future Research.- References.- III Methodological Issues: Intervention Research.- 6 Instructional Issues in Conducting Intervention Research at the Elementary Level.- Conceptual Paradigms for Conducting Intervention Research.- Dimensions of Intervention Research.- Changing the Character of Intervention Research: A Personal Case Study.- References.- 7 Issues in Conducting Intervention Research: Secondary Students.- Problematic Designs.- Programmatic Intervention Research.- Summary.- References.- 8 Cognitive Strategy Instruction: Methodological Issues and Guidelines in Conducting Research.- Issues.- Cognitive Strategy Instruction in the Schools.- A Final Comment.- References.- IV Methodological Issues: Case Study, Qualitative, and Longitudinal.- 9 Using Single-Subject Research Methodology to Study Learning Disabilities.- Relevance to Learning Disabilities.- Developments in Design.- Generality of Findings.- Summary.- References.- 10 Qualitative Research and Learning Disabilities.- What is Qualitative Research?.- Designing a Study.- Conducting a Study.- Future Directions for Research.- References.- 11 Methodological Issues in Longitudinal Research On Learning Disabilities.- Definition, Purpose, and Design of Longitudinal Research.- The Purposes of Longitudinal Research.- Types of Longitudinal Designs.- Longitudinal Data Analysis.- Factors that Impede Longitudinal Research.- Conclusion.- References.- V Assessment and Instrumentation.- 12 Academic Assessment and Instrumentation.- The Relationship of the Measure to the Nature of the Treatment.- The Distinction between Content Coverage and Content Mastery.- Importance of the Scoring Unit to Enhance Sensitivity to Growth.- Summary Remarks.- References.- 13 The Study of Cognitive Processes in Learning Disabled Students.- Global Processes and Structures.- Cognitive Correlates.- Domain-Specific Processes.- Stage and Sequence of Processing.- Summary and Conclusion.- References.- 14 Social Assessments of Students with Learning Disabilities: Do They Measure Up?.- Peer Reports: Ratings and Nominations of Social Competence.- Observation of Social Behavior.- Social Self-Report as a Measure of Social Functioning.- References.- VI Ethical Issues.- 15 Ethical Considerations When Conducting Research with Students with Learning Disabilities.- Ethical Issues Related to the Treatment and Identification of Subjects.- Ethical Issues Related to the Beliefs and Attitudes of the Investigator.- Ethical Issues Related to Measurement.- Ethical Issues Related to Intervention.- Summary and Conclusions.- References.- 16 Ethical Issues Related to Translating Research in Learning Disabilities into Practice.- Do Researchers Have a Role to Play in Product Development? 331 The Importance of Researchers Adopting an Ethical Perspective.- Factors that Promote the Translation of Research to Practice in an Ethical
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.