All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearching communication disorders involves a range of disciplines including speech-language pathology, linguistics and psychology. This book provides an interdisciplinary description of the theoretical frameworks in the field of communication disorders and an overview of the main current methodological approaches.
- Author BiographyALISON FERGUSON is Associate Professor in Speech Pathology at the University of Newcastle, Australia. Her internationally-recognized research explores the application of sociolinguistic theory to the analysis of interactions involving people with aphasia, students and speech-language pathologists. Alison received the University of Newcastle's 'Supervisor of the Year' Award in 2007, and in 2008 her book Expert Practice: A Critical Discourse was published (Plural Publishing). ELIZABETH ARMSTRONG is Foundation Chair in Speech Pathology at Edith Cowan University in Perth, with over 20 years experience in the field of speech-language pathology. She has pioneered the application of Systemic Functional Linguistics to the field of speech-language pathology, with her published work appearing in both book chapters and international peer-reviewed publications. Professor Armstrong was the Founding Editor of the International Journal of Speech Language Pathology (formerly Advances in Speech Language Pathology), first published in 1999.
- Author(s)Alison Ferguson,Elizabeth Armstrong
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleResearch and Practice in Applied Linguistics
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.23
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.94Trending at £6.38
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £7.82Trending at £8.34
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.