All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJames R. Ligas,Mary A. F. Epstein
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
- Table Of Contents1. Lung Tissue Mechanics.- Lung Tissue Mechanics: Historical Overview.- Architecture of Lung Parenchyma.- Volume-Pressure Hysteresis of the Lungs.- Lung Tissue Mechanics.- Pleural Mechanics.- 2. Respiratory Fluid Mechanics and Transport.- Impedance of Laminar Oscillatory Flow Superimposed on a Continuous Turbulent Flow: Application to Respiratory Impedance Measurement.- Current Issues in Understanding Acoustic Impedence of the Respiratory System.- Effects of Curvature, Taper and Flexibility on Dispersion in Oscillatory Pipe Flow.- Interactions Between Lung Mechanics and Gas Transport.- Nonclassical Features of Gas Transport and Exchange at the Alveolar Level.- Flow Dynamics of the Nasal Passage.- 3. Pulmonary Circulation.- Elasticity of Pulmonary Blood Vessels in Human Lungs.- Distensibility of the Pulmonary Capillaries.- Recruitment of Pulmonary Capillaries.- Pulsatile Pulmonary Capillary Pressure Measured with the Arterial Occlusion Technique.- Sites of Pulmonary Vasoconstriction: Indirect and Direct Measurements.- 4. The Use of Mathematics and Advanced Technology to Measure and Evaluate Lung Fluid Exchange and Solute Balance.- An Error Analysis of Pulmonary Vascular Permeability Measurements Made with Positron Emission Tomography.- Evaluation of Lung Vascular Permeability by External Scanning of Gamma Emitter Activity.- Use of Mathematics in Assessing Solute Exchange Across the Lung Epithelium.- On Line Colormetric Determinations of Transvascular Fluid and Protein Transport in Isolated Lobes.- Fractal Analysis of Lung Fluid Flow.- The Roles of Small Molecules as Probes of Endothelial Barrier Function in the Lung: Novel Measurement Methods and Molecular Probes.- 5. Integrating Mechanics and Transport in Assessing Respiratory Function.- Airway Heat and Water Exchange.- Quantitation of the Regional Distribution of Pulmonary Blood Flow by Fractal Analysis.- Elucidation of Principles of Gas Exchange by Means of Soluble Tracer Species.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.34Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.45Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.