All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlaces emphasis on five new developments in retail industry: big data and analytical methods for decision making, communicating with customers and enhancing the shopping experience with social media and smart phones, utilizing mobile channels, engagement in corporate social responsibility, and the impacts of globalization on the retail industry.
- Author BiographyMichael Levy, PhD, is the Charles Clarke Reynolds Professor of Marketing and Director of the Retail Supply Chain Institute at Babson College. He received his PhD in business administration from The Ohio State University and his undergraduate and MS degrees in business administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder. He taught at Southern Methodist University before joining the faculty as professor and chair of the marketing department at the University of Miami. Professor Levy has developed a strong stream of research in retailing, business logistics, financial retailing strategy, pricing, and sales management. He has published over 50 articles in leading marketing and logistics journals, including the Journal of Retailing, Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and Journal of Marketing Research. He currently serves on the editorial review board of the Journal of Retailing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Logistics Management, International Journal of Logistics and Materials Management, ECR Journal, and European Business Review. He is coauthor of Retailing Management, 6e (2007), the best-selling college-level retailing text in the world. Professor Levy was co-editor of Journal of Retailing from 2001-2007. Professor Levy has worked in retailing and related disciplines throughout his professional life. Prior to his academic career, he worked for several retailers and a housewares distributor in Colorado. He has performed research projects with many retailers and retail technology firms, including Accenture, Federated Department Stores, Khimetrics, Mervyn's, Neiman Marcus, ProfitLogic (Oracle), Zale Corporation, and numerous law firms. He co-chaired the 1993 Academy of Marketing Science conference and the 2006 Summer AMA conference. Dhruv Grewal, PhD (Virginia Tech), is the Toyota Chair in Commerce and Electronic Business and a professor of marketing at Babson College. His research and teaching interests focus on marketing foundations, marketing research, retailing, pricing, and value-based strategies. He was awarded the 2005 Lifetime Achievement in Behavioral Pricing Award by Fordham University. He is a Distinguished Fellow of the Academy of Marketing Science. He has also coauthored Marketing Research (2004, 2007). Professor Grewal has published over 70 articles in journals such as Journal of Marketing, Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Retailing, and Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. He currently serves on numerous editorial review boards, including Journal of Retailing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Interactive Marketing, and Journal of Public Policy & Marketing. He served as co-editor of Journal of Retailing from 2001-2007. Professor Grewal has won many awards for his teaching including, 2005 Sherwin-Williams Distinguished Teaching Award, SMA; 2003 AMA Award for Innovative Excellence in Marketing Education; 1999 AMS Great Teachers in Marketing Award; Executive MBA Teaching Excellence Award (1998); School of Business Teaching Excellence Awards (1993, 1999); and Virginia Tech Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Teaching (1989). He co-chaired: 1993 AMS Conference, 1998 Winter AMA Conference, a 1998 Marketing Science Institute Conference, 2001 AMA doctoral consortium, and 2006 Summer AMA Conference. Professor Grewal has taught executive seminars and courses and/or worked on research projects with numerous firms, such as IRI, TJX, Radio Shack, Monsanto, McKinsey, Motorola, and numerous law firms. He has taught seminars in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
- Author(s)Barton A. Weitz,Dhruv Grewal,Michael Levy
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- GenreSales & Marketing
- Series TitleIrwin Marketing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1492 g
- Width221 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £11.75Trending at £11.89
- £19.99Trending at £27.99
- £6.24Trending at £6.39
- £29.59Trending at £38.24
- £38.90Trending at £59.97
- £5.62Trending at £8.98
- £8.76Trending at £9.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.