All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn accessible and annotated edition of Burke's Reflections on the Revolution in France with the first Letter on a Regicide Peace.
- Author BiographyIain Hampsher-Monk is Professor of Political Theory in the Department of Politics, University of Exeter, where he teaches a wide range of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and where he was also Head of Department. He served on two national Research Assessment Panels (2001 and 2008). In 1980 he founded, with his then colleague Janet Coleman, the journal History of Political Thought which he has edited ever since. He is author of A History of Modern Political Thought (1992) which won the 1992 PSA McKenzie Book Prize. He was on the steering group of the European Science Foundation project Republicanism: A Shared European Heritage, and contributed to all three of the titles emerging from it. His work has been translated into French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Korean and Dutch. He has written numerous articles on political theory including a number on aspects of the thought of Edmund Burke. Two of his edited collections relate specifically to Burke: an anthology of political writings, The Impact of the French Revolution (2005) in the Cambridge University Press series Readings in the History of Political Thought, and Edmund Burke (2009) for Ashgate's International Library of Essays in the History of Social and Political Thought.
- Author(s)Edmund Burke
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/01/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight580 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byIain Hampsher-Monk
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £12.09
- £25.27Trending at £26.38
- £20.77Trending at £21.21
- £14.58Trending at £15.24
- £10.16Trending at £14.53
- £10.59Trending at £11.74
- £11.89Trending at £13.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.